Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pinspiration: Christmas Card Holder

 Here is a short, glue gun project that will help get all of those Christmas Cards off the nicely decorated mantel and on a blank space.  Based on this pin I created a Card Tree.  I used a sheet of foam core, existing fabric from my stash, red and white ribbon, sewing pins and sequins.


Cut the foam core to the shape you desire and using some sewing pins, pin the fabric to the foam core on the edges.  Wrap the fabric around to the back and glue down.  Next you will have to decide where to place your ribbons.  I used 4" between my ribbons.  If I have time after the holiday I will remake this using 5 inches between ribbons.  Some of the cards are larger and don't fit very well.  Use a decorative sewing pin where the ribbons cross.  I used a sequin to make it extra sparkly.  Total cost was around $5.00.  $3.99 for the ribbon and 1.59 for the foam core at Hobby Lobby.  Everything else was from my stash.

This would be a great beginning project for any crafter- sans the slight burning of my fingers with the hot glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment