Friday, January 28, 2011

Barda- Boots/knees

Wohoo! My Barda boots arrived today! Or rather the gothic/cyberpunk hot mess that will become my boots.

Notice I have my quilting ruler against the boot?? That's right- a 4 inch platform.

I am 5'2" and when I read Barda's description- that she was 7' tall I knew I would need some help. Thankfully the source material had very chunky boots on- I just took it to an excessive height. I will cover the boots in fabric, leaving the platforms exposed.

Even though I was knocked out for most of the day and occupied with my job the rest of the time I was able to put a big red DONE stamp on my knee pads. These were purchased from WalMart, the center primed, panted with Model Master's "Bright Blue" and given a clear coat for the shine. I hand sewed the reptile fabric around the edges and then used E-6000 glue and some black trim to go around the edges.

I posed the knee pads below the laser cut scale fabric that will make up my stockings for effect.

I was also able to finish priming the bracer parts and the shoulder piece is now painted as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment