Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Swim, cook, sew - the new triathlon?

It's been a few days since my last update.  With the semester starting I've been busy with classes.  On the workout front  I've been spinning at Breakaway Cycling on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights to help loosen up my knee.  I tried running yesterday but decided after 2 miles that discretion was the better part of valor.  This morning I made it to my first Master's Swimming practice.  It's so nice to be back in the pool.  My goggles kept fogging up which annoys me since they are new.  I normally spit in them and that does the trick but today the SCUBA trick just wasn't working. 

This morning workout:
Warm up:  100 Swim, 100 kick, 100 pull and 100 drill
Workout:  10x50yds pull and 12x50yds swim.  I did these one 1:10 to let the clock count for me.
Cool down: 250yds

I felt like a big wienie, the cool down was the hardest part!  

Cooking wise I've been experimenting with a Plum and Bourbon ice cream recipe and plan on freezing the custard today.  We had a great time taste testing which of our three house bourbons to use.  We have Maker's Mark 46, Woodford Reserve and Ohio's own Watershed Distillery Bourbon.  I'm a fan of Woodford Reserve because it's the smoothest of the two but DT and H2OLupa voted for the MM 46.

Today craft wise I am finishing some place mats for my brother and starting work on a new project- my 1947 outfit for the IPMS model show in Feb.  Click here for my Pinterest board

No comments:

Post a Comment