Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Super Best Friends Forever - Supergirl

One of the many things I've noticed about the Heroes Alliance is that the more popular the character the more apt a child is at saying hello.  I thought long and hard about Batgirl (purple and yellow) but I just didn't think I could make a cowl that I would be satisfied with, either out of fabric or sculpted.  I really didn't think I was a good candidate for Supergirl because she's got a midriff baring costume and yikes!  No one wants to see my pale tummy and cycling tan lines.  I really was in a small kerfluffle until I saw Super Best Friends Forever one Saturday morning.  Not only was this Super clothed but she had curves.  Hourglass curves.  Here was a character and a costume that I could connect with!

This costume is a for a Heroes Alliance event that takes place at Comfest at the end of June.  In the heat.  I decided to use a red UnderArmor running skirt and to purchase a UnderArmor shirt and to make the cape, boots and belt.

First I drafted the "S".  It's quite different from any other "S" out there and I wanted to make sure I could reflect the style of the cartoon in the costume.  Next I used Fuse n' Tear to stick the red to the yellow spandex.
 Make sure you flip the "S" over and get the Fuse n' Tear to stick to the bottom layer!
And place your "S" on your shirt with a new sheet of Fuse n' Tear.  From here I will follow the previous directions and using a microtex needle, will top stitch in red about 1/8th" away from the edges.

Stay tuned for the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment